Admission to the First year Session 2015-2016 is made according to the policies and rules framed by the authorities of the University from time to time. The rules mentioned in this prospectus are subject to revision by the competent authority as and when deemed necessary and without notice.
All undergraduate degree programmes are regular/full time day programmes. No student admitted in the University is allowed to engage himself/herself in employment or maintain simultaneous enrolment in any other course of studies in other educational institutions. Violation of above will lead to cancellation of admission.
Admission in each category/scheme shall be granted purely on merit basis prescribed in admission notice and this admission policy.
The candidates who have been allowed admission previously with any batch by this University shall not be considered for fresh admissions. Their admission forms if received by the University shall be rejected without any notice. However if any admitted student desires to seek admission in any discipline under self-financing scheme, he/she may apply for the same and submit an undertaking on the stamp paper to the effect that he/she will not claim admission under regular scheme of current year.
Application to appear in pre admission test must be made on the prescribed online application form.
To appear in pre admission test, online application processing fee of Rs 3000 (Nonrefundable) is required to be paid to NTS through designated branches of bank.
Only those candidates who secure at least 20% marks in pre admission test will be eligible to apply for admission in one or more categories
Application for admission against various categories of seats must be made on the prescribed online application form.
The candidates who are interested to apply under more than one category including self-finance shall have to submit separate application form for each category. In case applicant qualifies under more than one category he/she shall have to select his/her category at the time of interview before the admission committee.
Admission in each discipline will be offered to candidates in the order of merit.
The over-all merit in respect of candidate for each category for provisional admission shall be determined on the basis of S.S.C (or equivalent certificate), H.S.C/B.Sc/ Diploma (or equivalent certificate) and pre-admission test as may be applicable.
Selected candidates shall submit an under-taking on judicial stamp paper of Rs.100. Sample is available at University website and also provided in the Prospectus.
Original documents shall have to be produced at the time of scrutiny / interview.
The candidates who apply for admission on the basis of fake/tempered documents (detected before or after their admission) their admission shall be cancelled after completion of necessary formalities and he/she shall be prosecuted under criminal law. Additionally, they may also be debarred for a period of three years for future admissions and all payments made to the University shall be forfeited in favor of the University.
Admitted Students are informed not to insist on withdrawing original documents before completion of one academic year.
H.S.C original mark sheet will not be returned under any circumstances before the completion of his/her degree.
DETERMINATION OF MERIT POSITION
Pre- Admission Test. All candidates seeking admission under following schemes/ categories and whose applications forms are found valid are eligible to appear in pre-admission test (entry test). The venue and date of test shall be mentioned in the admit card issued to each candidate.
- S. No. 1. Sindh-Urban (HSC/BSc(Pass)/Diploma)
- S. No. 2. Sindh-Rural (HSC/BSc (Pass)/Diploma)
- S. No. 6. Seats for AJK
- S.No. 12. Federal Capital Area of Islamabad
- S. No.14. Seats reserved for Sons and daughters of DUET Teaching staff
- S. No.15. Seats reserved for Sons and daughters of DUET Non-Teaching staff
- S. No.16. sons/ daughters of professional engineers
- S. No.17. sons/ daughters of architect and town planners
- S. No.18 Self Finance Scheme (local and local applicants applying against vacant foreign seats)
The test will be based on intermediate level as per following distribution.
|Chemistry/ Computer Science
(Students of ICS will take the paper of
Computer Science instead of Chemistry)
In pre admission test, for each correct answer one mark will be awarded. For wrong answer ¼ marks will be deducted
Candidates having secured less than 20% marks in the pre-admission test shall not be eligible for the admission.
The merit list of the candidates in each category mentioned in 5.2.1 will be prepared according to following weightage.
|Percentage of marks in||multiplying weightage|
|a) Matriculation (or equivalent certificate)||10%|
|b) Intermediate (pre-Engg)/B.Sc (Pass)/Diploma (or equivalent certificate)||40%|
|c) Pre-admission test||50%|
Based upon the above weightage the Composite Percentage Number (CPN) will be calculated as under
CPN = 0.1[Percentage Marks in matriculation (or equivalent certificate)] +
0.4[[Percentage Marks in Intermediate (or equivalent certificate)] +
0.5[marks obtained in pre admission test].
The merit shall be observed in each category as per availability of seats. The admission in each category shall be made in order of choice of technology given by the candidates.
In case of tie for merit position in the selection for admission, the tie will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in pre-admission test. In case of further tie, it will be resolved on the basis of age.
Display of merit list of eligible candidates
(i) The Merit list for each category/scheme mentioned in 5.2.1 will be notified and displayed on the University Notice Boards and will also be made available on the University Website.
(ii) University reserves the right to withhold/cancel the result of the Pre- Admission Test of any candidate if he/she was found using any unfair means in the test or candidate has carried out impersonation in the test.
(Note: – To avoid any confusion regarding the identity of candidate, fix the most recent photograph (not older than three months) on the admission form and ensure that all photographs are identical).
Scrutiny of the application and interview
- After the scrutiny of the application forms and announcement of the result of pre-admission test, the merit list will be prepared in each category and an appropriate number of students will be called to present themselves before the admission committee of the University for Interview and verification of original academic documents on the notified dates.
- The names of those candidates who fail to present themselves before the admission committee on the scheduled date and time, without any intimation, shall be deleted from the merit list of the concerned category. They shall not be considered for admission. Their absence shall amount to forfeit of their right of admission. Any claim in this regard shall not be entertained.
- Only original documents shall be accepted by admission committee. No exception shall be allowed. The candidate must produce original first mark sheet of HSC issued by the concerned board at the time of interview failing which his/her name will be deleted from the merit list.
- The decision of the admission committee shall be final.
- The selected candidates shall submit the following forms (Available on University website) at the time of interview.
- Declaration of non-participation in political activities and non-indulgence in unwanted activities on judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100.
- Medical fitness certificate
- Performa for University Identity Card.
- Enrolment form of University
Award of discipline/technology
- The candidates are required to fill up “Choice of Technology form” to select their priority of discipline/technology very carefully. The choices mentioned in the option form can only be changed at the time of interview.
- If any student after seeking admission in technology other than first choice of discipline is satisfied with the same, must submit an application within three days from the date of display of such list. In the application it must be clearly mentioned that applicant is satisfied with the awarded discipline and the discipline/technology shall not be changed further.
- If such application is not received, the admission committee may change the technology/discipline as per the original choice to fill the vacant seats and such change will be binding on the students.
Admission of candidate who fail to deposit the admission fee within due date
- If any candidate fails to deposit admission fee within due date, the seat shall be allotted to another candidate on merit. At the later stage, if the candidate reports for admission that may be considered for admission against the left over seats of the respective category as per the “Choice of Technology” before the closing date of admission.
Display of list of selected candidates
- The list of all selected candidates under all categories shall be displayed on the University website and main notice boards.
- The admission list in each category announced by the University is provisional; in case of identification of any mistake it shall be rectified.
Closing of admission
The admissions for the session 2015-2016 will be closed at the end of 4th week from the date of start of the classes. After the closing date of admission, no new admission will be made and the seats fallen vacant (for any reason) will not be filled up.
Enrolment with DUET
The selected candidates will have to fill up enrolment form of the University and complete all the relevant formalities for enrolment at the time of Interview. Without having Enrolment Card they will not be allowed to appear in the semester examination.
Cancellation/ withdrawal of admission
- Concealment of facts at the time of seeking admission or non-submission of complete and genuine documents or tempering with them or falsifying would mean that the student has been admitted illegally. In such case the admission of the student shall be cancelled. University also reserves the right to initiate legal action against such student.
- The Competent Authority may cancel the admission of any student at any stage after giving an opportunity of hearing at the appropriate forum.
- Student who remains absent continuously for three weeks from the date of commencement of classes without information to the authorities concerned/ chairman of the department, his /her admission shall stand cancelled automatically without issuing any notice thereof.
- Student who fails to appear in any complete semester examination shall not be eligible for promotion to next semester. However, he/she can apply for re-admission in same semester with following Batch.
- In case of any discrepancy or misinterpretation, the decision of the competent authority shall be final and binding on the applicant and shall not be challengeable in the court of Law.